HepatitisWA (Inc) is a non-profit community-based
Our services include:
- Support services for people who are affected by hepatitis by providing advice and support on living well with hepatitis, treatment options, managing treatments
andreferral. Support staff can be accessed by telephone, e-mail or face to face meetings by appointment. Peer support can be arranged. Contact 92279806 for more information.
- The Hepatitis Helpline is available to every member of the community by contacting 93288538 (Metro) or 1800 800 070 (Country).
- Health promotion in the form of:
- education workshops and events for all members of the community including multicultural populations, youth through schools and youth at risk.
- workforce development for all workplaces, pharmacies, health professionals and service providers in metropolitan and rural WA. Contact 92279806 for more information.
- Needle and syringe services during office hours from our premises at 134 Aberdeen
st, Northbridge, including limited (fortnightly) clinical services for testing, treatment advice, vaccination andreferral. Contact (08) 9328 8538 (metro) or 1800 800 070 (country) for more information.
- Prisoner Blood Borne Virus Education: HepatitisWA is contracted by the Department of Corrections to provide prevention education in relation to
blood borneviruses to prisoners in metropolitan prisons.
HepatitisWA’s Vision: The elimination of hepatitis B and C in Australia.
HepatitisWA’s Mission: To provide leadership in community services in relation to hepatitis B and C.
The objectives of HepatitisWA are to:
- Minimise the personal and socio-economic impact for people affected by viral hepatitis.
- Provide an information service about viral hepatitis.
- Assist in preventing the transmission of viral hepatitis.
- Promote community awareness of viral hepatitis.
- Contribute to
community, state andnational viral hepatitis initiatives.
- Influence public health policy, practice
andlaw in relation to viral hepatitis.
A Board of Governance forms the governing body of HepatitisWA. It comprises representatives from a range of stakeholders including consumers, health and welfare professionals and interested community members.
Our current board members consist of Chairperson
HepatitisWA employs paid and unpaid staff. If you are interested in volunteering your services, please visit the Volunteering page for more information.
HepatitisWA (Inc) is also proud to be a registered charity with the ACNC.